Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Journey Begins With a Single Step

Step One: Do something.
My plan: Couch 2 5k trainning program
After being over weight for most of my life. I have decided it's time for change. My time to change me! I'm doing this to live life to the fullest.... To enjoy each day I am given and stop wasting them by thinking about all this extra weight hanging around. My approch will be baby steps. However once I get the hang of it I'll be off.

I realize that if I'm going to be sucessful I'm going to have to track my progress. I will be using a few sites I have come across.
Running/walking: www.active.com
-Tracking each workout. I love that you can map your route and save it to your profile. Oh yes, you can enter in your time and it will display your pace.
Nutrition: sparkpeople.com
-Track food, they will even give you a menu. I choose to fill in myself. You can choose an evercise program. You can also choose your goal and find out how long it will take to achieve it.
Running: www.coolrunning.com
-I haven't looked over the whole site but it's why I found the Couch 2 5K Running Plan.

Testing.... Okay, today was supposed to be day one but I remembered the times wrong. The workout; walk five minutes briskly, 60 second run, 2 minutes walk... repeat walk and running intervals for 30 minutes. I was a little disappointed that I messed it up but Monday I will begin with Day One.
My workout schedule: walk/run on Mondays, Wednesday & Fridays. Pilates on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment