Tuesday, November 9, 2010

W4D1 C25k

Delana doesn't understand the time change and therefore I don't need an alarm clock. She has be outta bed by 6:00. This morning we got up and were in a hurry because I didn't want Maddie to be late because she had a field trip. We finally got ready and walked out the door about a minutes later I looked at my watch.... 6:58. Could it be? It's only 7:00! I asked a lady passing by if she had the time. I messed around a lot with my fancy watch yesterday, maybe I messed the time up. The lady replied 6:59, schoo doesn't start until 8:15. I told Maddie we could go but in the house and leave a little later, "no" she sad "I want to got now." I told her there wouldn't be anyone there. So we walked to school watching all the teenagers walking to school. When we arrived at the school there were maybe ten cars. They weren't even serving breakfast and it was 7:15. What to do, walk back home? It was a little chilly, for So Cal that is! An idea: we were close to the park which has a jogging path, we could walk there and do my workout and then I would be done and school would be starting. Maddie agreed to workout with me... after all she is my "coach." We did our 20 minute workout at the school and headed to the school. I can't believe I messed up the time, dang time change!
After getting back home I decided to walk down and get a chai from Starbucks. AND a tasty blueberry muffin, yum. Stopped at Goodwill and got a couple of books and head back home. I started reading one of the books as I was rocking/nursing Delana for her nap. Layers by Sandi Patty. In the book she has that if we are going through life thinking we are fat, ugly, dumb, and unlovable we sending that message to others when they meet us. We need to follow the advice of Proverbs 23:7 What we think, we become!
I am loved, beautiful, and special. In God's eyes I am perfect.

1 comment:

  1. You are perfect! Trying to be a healthier you, sounds like a great book Stephanie.

    Delana sunds like my little Brooklin. Awake at 6 am every day now. ha!

    ReplyDelete